Turkey day is over & we know what that means... turn up the Christmas jams and pop open the prosecco! As I was hunting for drink inspiration for our Thanksgiving meal, I stumbled upon this delicious gem by My Diary of Us. I tweaked the recipe a little bit to make it our own and let's just say it's one for the books.
This cocktail is easy, light & can be made with almost any light fruit. The original recipe used plum but since they are out of season I decided to pair the Prosecco with fresh pears. The combination of pear, thyme, and Prosecco is glorious and is sure to please your guests.
I N G R E D I E N T S:
- 4 Pears
- 1/2 Lemon
- 6 Thyme Sprigs
- Thyme Simple Syrup
- Bring 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of granulated cane sugar to a boil. Take the mixture off the heat and combine the Thyme sprigs with the syrup. Let sit to cool until ready to use.
- 1 bottle of your favorite Champagne or sparkling wine ((we chose Prosecco)).
D I R E C T I O N S:
- Peel and chop 3 pears.
- Muddle the pears to a pulp and combine with the Thyme simple syrup.
- Fill your glass of choice half-way with ice and pour the pear mix 1/3 of the way. Pour your Prosecco over the mixture, leaving room at the top for your garnish.
- Garnish glass with a slice of Pear and a sprig of fresh Thyme.
- Enjoy right away!
How to properly chose your glass:
- If you are serving your guests in a formal setting, like a dinner party, choose a shorter clear glass... possibly with a gold rim like the one I pictured above.
- If you are celebrating in an outdoor setting, maybe on a patio or even on the beach, try and opt for a silicone class. My family spends a lot of time at the beach in Florida and our favorite drinkware is by Bendiware. It's compact, cuter than a red solo cup, reusable & won't break! Here is a link to my favorite steamless silicone wine glasses!
Cheers & Happy Holidays!