It's two days after Memorial Day and we all know what that means... summer is finally here! I am lucky enough to be spending my entire summer with my boyfriend while we both intern in South Florida. To me, south Florida is like my second home and I am lucky to be back. My ideal outfit always includes a mix of steals and lux. I am a sucker for Nordstrom Rack. Although I may be biased since I am a former employee of Nordstrom (I worked there seasonally), they always have the best prices on anything from Joe's denim to Free People tops.
If you live in a warmer climate, or will be spending an extended period of time in one, I strongly suggest splurging on a good summer sandal that you can live in. Ancient Greek Sandal, Tory Burch, Loeffler Randal and Rag & Bone are just a few examples of some brands you can look through to find your match. Luckily, Nordstrom and ShopBop online have a good variety of these brands. I personally fell in love with the AGS because of the simplicity and craftsmanship. A good summer sandal will last you a couple of seasons and the leather will only get better with age. If you are looking at purchasing a more expensive sandal, make sure to stick to a versatile color and cut. You can always opt for a crazier sandal at a lower price since they may quickly go out of season. Some good places to find a trendier sandal is Aldo, Goodnight Macaroon and even Target. TIP: Follow @targetdoesitagain on instagram for a first look at some of Target's trendiest items!
Click on each of the items below to find a link to the exact item or a very similar one.
- Top is Melrose and Market (which I picked up from Nordstrom Rack about a year ago so I linked a similar one) .
- My jean shorts are from Aritzia - the brand Talula and currently on sale for $45.
- My bag is Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM.
- My sandals are Ancient Greek Sandal (which I picked up from Nordstrom in Boca Raton).
- TIP: Go a size -or two- up if you do decide to purchase the Ancient Greek Sandals. Although they are gorgeously made, they run very small. I normally wear a 8.5/9 or a 39 and I went up to a 40. I could have even gone up to a 41 and they still would've fit me well.