There is something about moving to a new city and exploring new places. I never though that, in my four years at Purdue, I would be spending the summer in a new location outside of the Midwest. Florida is like a second home for me, my family has been coming here for over 10 years. Moving down here for the summer hasn't been overwhelming but I do love exploring and discovering new places, friends and activities. For example, the Northwood village in Palm Beach. Although a small area, it is filled with cute shops and colorful walls. The Grilled Cheese Gallery is in that area... SO so good. That's just one of the cute little places i've discovered while down here. Also, holly pataya bowls? I got to Purdue, which is in a small town of Indiana. Pataya bowls and acai bowls are not as popular in the Midwest but I have to say I am obsessed (yes, I am late to the game but I normally make my own at home). I am planning on starting a new series where I will be able to collectively show case the best spots in an area that I have visited. I want to make sure to thoroughly explore the area, in-order to give my proper opinion, before I post. None-the-less, I am so exicted to share my favorite spots at the end of the summer!
Click on each of the items below to find a link to the exact item or a very similar one.
- If y'all don't already know, Madewell is one of my favorite stores. It was a match made in heaven when Nordstrom started selling Madewll in theirs stores. Unfortunatly, I purchased this beautiful top last summer. Here is a similar one.
- The jeans are also from Madwell. Here is a similar version. I really like Madewell jeans because they are quality made and come in different lengths. I have very long legs and a shorter torso, making it hard to find a good fitted denim ((but when is it ever easy to go jean shopping)). Madewell makes it a little easier.
- My bag is by J.Crew from Nordstrom in the color Frosty Blossom. I purchased this for Easter but I use it so much more than I anticipated. It is smaller and only holds my wallet, phone and a couple smaller cosmetics but I like the structure, shade and quality.
- My shoes are Ancient Greek Sandals from Nordstrom.
- My ring is David Yurman from Nordstrom. I like to stack the cable classic band with other smaller rings since it's very plain by itself.
TIP: At Madewell & JCrew, you can use your student ID to receive a discount ALL. YEAR.LONG. The only stipulation is that it must be used in stores.